Boston College Carroll Graduate School of Business – Law for CPAs – MJ80301750 – Summer 2010-2015 requirement for MSA students and elective in MBA program and Law School.
Suffolk University Sawyer Graduate School of Management, 1999-2007 Adjunct Professor, 25 sections plus summer sessions of interdisciplinary course MBA 730 and Executive MBA 730, “Managing in the Global, Legal and Economic Environment” (this course is now MBA 680 – “Managing in the Legal and Ethical Environment”), Undergraduate Ethics Course.
- BLE 315 Legal and Financial Aspects of Business Spring 2015
- BLE 215 Business Ethics Fall 2014
Becker CPA Review, Boston, Massachusetts. Live classes 2007-2010 and Intensive Full Day “Cram Courses”, Regulation and Business, formerly business law.
Babson College 2001-02 Adjunct Professor teaching MBA 7000-01.
Boston University School of Management Fall 2001 Visiting Lecturer teaching 2 sections of Law 245.
Bentley College, Adjunct Assistant Professor
- Spring 2000: 2 sections of LA 200 “Legal Environment of Business” for Upperclassmen,
- Fall 2000: 2 sections of GB 103, “Legal Environment of Business” for freshman,
- Spring 2001: Interdisciplinary course GB 101 “Managing in World of Business”, and GB 103.
Lambers CPA Review, Andover and Boston, Massachusetts – formerly Lead Live Instructor for Business Law and review classes.
Seminars at Bentley College, MCLE National Institute of Trial Advocacy; Boston College Lectures on Legal Liability of Accountants, Boston College Law School – Mock Trial and Appellate Argument Judge.
RESEARCH AND RECENT PUBLICATIONS:
“Why proceeds of homesteaded real estate are protected only by state statute and not § 522(c) of the Bankruptcy Code”. Published in 39 Business Law Review 99.
“Tenant as Implied Coinsured on Landlord’s Fire Policy – Exoneration from Negligence or Rational Public Policy?” 35 Business Law Review 83 (2002).
“A Review of the Federal and Massachusetts Standard for “Responsible Persons” in “Trust Fund” Tax Cases Following Vinick II; Coveney and Fox: A Reexamination of Duty” 34 Business Law Review 121 (2001).
“The Role of Business Law in the 150 Hour Educational Requirement for CPA Certification” 18 Journal of Legal Studies Education 1, 2000 (lead article).
Appellate briefs on CPA’s commercial speech and professional liability; state trust fund taxation, real estate including homestead and condominium, banking, bankruptcy, municipal law and many related business matters. Interest in fraud and forensic accounting.
- Boston University Law School, L.L.M. Taxation, 1979 (Top one third of class)
- Boston College Law School, J.D. 1973 Boston College, A.B. Mathematics, 1970
- PriceWaterhouse Select Tax Courses; Other Graduate and Undergraduate Classes
- Numerous graduate, undergraduate and continuing ed courses focusing on business forensic accounting
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS:
Member Massachusetts and Federal Bars; Certified Public Accountant Massachusetts; 1981-1990 US Bankruptcy Court Panel Trustee; Association of Certified Fraud Examiners CFE designation; Institute of Management Accountants CMA & CFM designations; Institute of Internal Auditors CIA designation; Academy of Legal Studies in Business, North Atlantic Region Business Law Association; 1975-78, 1981-1985 Indigent Criminal Defender; 1976-1978 Yarmouth Zoning Board; Basketball Official & Coach; 1988 Boston Marathon.
Neylon & O’Brien, P.A., Boston, MA, Proprietor 1981-Present
- Trials in Massachusetts Superior, District, Probate, Land, Housing, Federal, District and Bankruptcy Courts, with and without jury upon Tort, Contract, Equity, Insurance, Subrogation, Domestic, Real Estate, Criminal, Tax, Estate, Bankruptcy and Professional Liability Matters
- Appellate Briefs and Advocacy in State and Federal Courts
- Complex Transactional Business, Real Estate, Corporate, and Tax Matters, including planning and consulting with other professionals
- Forensic Accounting in concert with other CPAs and Investigators in large and small cases
Reiser and Rosenberg, Boston, MA – Associate 1978-1981
- Litigation, Business, Banking, Tax and Appellate Concentrations
Cape Cod Bank & Trust, Hyannis, MA – Counsel, Tax Officer and Secretary 1975-1978
- Tax, Compliance, Trust, Real Estate, Branch, Corporate, Securities, and Litigation
Price Waterhouse & Co. , Boston, MA -Tax Specialist 1973-1975
- Staff accountant principally involved in tax research, planning and compliance